Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week #6 - Tagging, Delicious and LibraryThing

OMG

Cant believe I added a widget to my blog. I thought it would be super super hard but it was easy! Wow I am surprised that I can do alot of this stuff, they sure are making it easier.

Tagging and Delicious
This has been the most useful week (I think). Tagging is taking referencing to a whole new level. It is such a great idea for people to 'tag' sites, even books. If someone is looking for information on a certain subject, and you dont know any great sites, you can use delicious to quickly locate appropriate information. I have found it more useful than google, and will have to learn to fully utilise its functions.
I remember when we had a prac student at spearwood library and she showed us how to use tags aswell (this was a few years ago). The idea of the words becoming larger the more a tag was used is also great. It looks cool and its so useful! The founder of delicious must be rich! The best ideas are always simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment