Thursday, January 6, 2011

Twitter

Both trival and powerful at the same time. A bit of an oxymoron, but decribes Twitter perfectly.
I feel a little self important publishing what Im doing all the time, does anyone really care... is twitter just a total bordom buster or generation ys attempt to be heard an feel important? Yes Im having a bit of a rant, but that seems to be what social media is all about? I would prefer a diary so I can at least express myself privately. On the other hand, a great way to share important news and interesting stories fast. Maybe after I get the hang of it a bit more I will like it more. At the moment, I HATE twitter.

4 comments:

  1. I think twitter is one of those things that seems really stupid before you use it, but becomes much more interesting once you explore using it a bit and you follow the right amount of interesting tweeters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a waste of time but that's just my opinion, someone might say that about Facebook as well, I sometimes think it is as it seems to go on the same lines as Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lawley, the more you can use twitter the more interesting it becomes, the more sense it makes. That said, it's still not likely to become something that I devote a lot of time to. I like your description, 'both trivial and powerful at the same time'. Sums it up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand with Katherine on this I hate how public it feels even though you can restrict who sees it.

    ReplyDelete