Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 10 Geocaching

I had never heard of geocaching until last week. What an interesting idea. I dont think I would ever be bothered to do it myself but I think it might be a cool family adventure or a fun way to spend a few hours. In regards to using it in the library, I think I might need to research it more to realise how it might apply. The only thing I get confused about is, if you have clues leading to a book, and you only have a couple of copies of that book, isnt that a little disappointing to those who want to find it but came last?

I think it would be cool to do a competition in the library though that gets people to find clues in different areas. This can work to get people exploring areas they dont normally use. I think that would be fun.

2 comments:

  1. I can see how Geocaching could work in a library setting, I suppose that you'd have a 'congrats you've found it' in the book (probably a reference title to that it didn't accidentally go out on loan!) rather than people taking the book with them.
    I can imagine it being a lot of fun trecking around Perth on public transport hunting around different library's catalogues for titles - wow I am a bigger geek than I ever though lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree i think it would be great for a competition for the library amongst kids,staff and adults even!

    ReplyDelete